Environment and Money Saving Tips for Businesses
Whatever your business, all commercial organisations use water, energy and resources. Identifying and minimising waste throughout the processes you use will not only benefit your organisation financially but bring environmental benefits too.
There are some basic steps that could help your business to manage water and wastewater services and costs more effectively. Visit the Scottish Water website for guidance on how to draw up a water management plan, how to check for leaks plus suggestions for more efficient water usage.
If you are a small business in need of help to navigate through the maze of environmental legislation, visit the NetRegs website. The site provides guidance on how to comply with environmental law as well as advice on good environmental practice.
A range of leaflets have been produced by Scottish Water to help businesses minimise the risk of pollution from their property. Depending on your type of business, you may find one of the following useful:
- Above ground oil storage
- Pollution and blockages from commercial kitchens
- Storage of oils and chemicals
Have you heard of Vision in Business for the Environment (VIBES)? This annual award is open to any organisation operating in Scotland and aims to recognise and reward business success achieved by improved environmental performance.
We enjoyed attending the Royal Highland Show this year, hosted by the James Hutton Institute. Our flooding models attracted alot of attention from politicians, agencies a...Learn more »
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 29 Mar 2018 INNS Forum launched
- 09 Mar 2018 Aberdeen and the Dee to benefit from more trees
- 07 Feb 2018 Promoting Rain Gardens for Schools at SNIFFER Conference
- 18 Jan 2018 Maidencraig Information Session
- 20 Oct 2017 BEGIN Project - Partners Meeting
- 09 Oct 2017 Controlling Invasive Non-Native Plants - Leaflet Launched.
- 12 Sep 2017 Work to tackle pink salmon in the Dee