Environment and Money Saving Tips for Businesses
Whatever your business, all commercial organisations use water, energy and resources. Identifying and minimising waste throughout the processes you use will not only benefit your organisation financially but bring environmental benefits too.
There are some basic steps that could help your business to manage water and wastewater services and costs more effectively. Visit the Scottish Water website for guidance on how to draw up a water management plan, how to check for leaks plus suggestions for more efficient water usage.
If you are a small business in need of help to navigate through the maze of environmental legislation, visit the NetRegs website. The site provides guidance on how to comply with environmental law as well as advice on good environmental practice.
A range of leaflets have been produced by Scottish Water to help businesses minimise the risk of pollution from their property. Depending on your type of business, you may find one of the following useful:
- Above ground oil storage
- Pollution and blockages from commercial kitchens
- Storage of oils and chemicals
Have you heard of Vision in Business for the Environment (VIBES)? This annual award is open to any organisation operating in Scotland and aims to recognise and reward business success achieved by improved environmental performance.
In the fourth of our monthly articles from the Dee Catchment Partnership, we hear about how they have been working with Aberdeen City Council as part of an international ...Learn more »
This month we hear about the importance of the grasslands on the banks of the Dee, and the hidden treasures they hold, from rare wildflowers to brightly coloured insects....Learn more »
- 16 Aug 2018 Blue-green spaces to help reduce flooding in Aberdeen - Piper Article 4, 2018
- 19 Jul 2018 Banks of the Dee hold hidden treasures - Piper Article 3, 2018
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 14 Jun 2018 River Dee highlighted in local wildlife film - Piper Article 2, 2018
- 01 Jun 2018 Newsletter - Catch Up
- 17 May 2018 Continuing the fight against invasive plants on Deeside - Piper Article 1, 2018
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 19 Apr 2018 Introducing the Dee Catchment Partnership - Intro Article, 2018
- 29 Mar 2018 INNS Forum launched