Environment and Money Saving Tips for Businesses
Whatever your business, all commercial organisations use water, energy and resources. Identifying and minimising waste throughout the processes you use will not only benefit your organisation financially but bring environmental benefits too.
There are some basic steps that could help your business to manage water and wastewater services and costs more effectively. Visit the Scottish Water website for guidance on how to draw up a water management plan, how to check for leaks plus suggestions for more efficient water usage.
If you are a small business in need of help to navigate through the maze of environmental legislation, visit the NetRegs website. The site provides guidance on how to comply with environmental law as well as advice on good environmental practice.
A range of leaflets have been produced by Scottish Water to help businesses minimise the risk of pollution from their property. Depending on your type of business, you may find one of the following useful:
- Above ground oil storage
- Pollution and blockages from commercial kitchens
- Storage of oils and chemicals
Have you heard of Vision in Business for the Environment (VIBES)? This annual award is open to any organisation operating in Scotland and aims to recognise and reward business success achieved by improved environmental performance.
In 2017 pink 'humpback' salmon appeared in around 20 Scottish rivers including the River Dee. This is the first year that pink salmon have been seen in numbers in...Learn more »
Internationally acclaimed artist Newton Harrison visited the Dee and Don in August to open an ecological arts project for the twin catchment areas. Woodend Barn invite...Learn more »
- 12 Sep 2017 Work to tackle pink salmon in the Dee
- 28 Aug 2017 Leading pioneer of the eco-art movement Newton Harrison visits the Dee
- 19 Apr 2017 'Enjoy the Dee' Leaflet launched.
- 29 Mar 2017 Natural Flood Management Workshop for farmers and land managers
- 17 Mar 2017 Flooding showcase at Fernielea primary school
- 09 Mar 2017 Natural Flood Management meeting for land managers
- 19 Jan 2017 Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS) in Aberdeen City
- 24 Nov 2016 Eurasian Beaver allowed to stay
- 23 Nov 2016 Cleaning up the banks at Potarch
- 09 Nov 2016 SuDS engagement at Fernielea School