Cass Life Project
The "Salmon in the Classroom" (SITC) project has successfully run in Scotland since 1991 when the Galloway Fisheries Trust, Scottish Natural Heritage and the Dumfries and Galloway Education Department started a pilot project in Dumfries and Galloway. The project continues to be very popular. In recent years, individual Fisheries Trusts, River Trusts and District Salmon Fishery Boards have run similar projects around Scotland. The latest initiative that has expanded the geographical coverage of the project is the EU LIFE 'Conservation of Atlantic Salmon in Scotland' (CASS) project which is providing funding towards running SITC in areas where the CASS project is being undertaken. Click here for information on the CASS project.
Give and Gain: Celebrating Responsible Business Week at Garthdee Conservation groups and businesses joined forces on the banks of the River Dee last week to mark R...Learn more »
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 29 Mar 2018 INNS Forum launched
- 09 Mar 2018 Aberdeen and the Dee to benefit from more trees
- 07 Feb 2018 Promoting Rain Gardens for Schools at SNIFFER Conference
- 18 Jan 2018 Maidencraig Information Session
- 20 Oct 2017 BEGIN Project - Partners Meeting
- 09 Oct 2017 Controlling Invasive Non-Native Plants - Leaflet Launched.
- 12 Sep 2017 Work to tackle pink salmon in the Dee
- 28 Aug 2017 Leading pioneer of the eco-art movement Newton Harrison visits the Dee
- 19 Apr 2017 'Enjoy the Dee' Leaflet launched.