Why does the River Dee need a management plan?
The River Dee catchment management plan was developed to help people work together to maintain these resources and make improvements where needed.
The River Dee's high quality water resources are a central asset for Deeside and Aberdeenshire. They underpin many aspects of the rural economy, providing a domestic water supply, waste water disposal, a habitat for wildlife, an extensive and varied recreational environment, and a basis for thriving tourism and salmon fishing businesses. Problems in one part of the catchment can reduce the environmental condition of the whole area.
The purpose of developing the plan was to agree This will help to ensure that everyone - from individual householders and farmers to government agencies - is working to a common plan.
What is the Dee CMP?
- A document concerned with any activities that affect the quality of the water environment in the River Dee catchment.
- A record of the current state of the Dee catchment (e.g. water quality, the type and extent of habitats and species in the catchment, important land management activities).
- A summary of key problems and agreed potential solutions
- A source of information about improvement works already taking place.
- An agreed strategic framework for the activities and policies of partner organisations.
- A long-term vision for the catchment's waters.
Developing the Dee CMP
Catchment Management Plan development The Dee Catchment Management Plan has been developed by a partnership of 15 Steering Group members and other representatives of organisations and agencies, as well as individuals who have volunteered...
Dee CMP documents
Dee Catchment Management Plan documents for download
Catchment Planning in Scotland
Catchment Planning in Scotland The Dee Catchment Partnership was formed in 2003 to manage, protect and enhance the River Dee and it's tributaries. In working together with a number of agencies, landowners and interest groups, we can ...
Linked plans and processes Aberdeenshire Council Access Strategy Cairngorms Nature Action Plan Cairngorms National Park Partnership Plan Dee Fishery Management Plan East Grampian Coastal Partnership NE Local Biodiversity A...
We are holding a meeting for land managers to discuss natural flood management techniques on 29th March, 12.30pm, at Belwade Farm (Aboyne). Experts in using these techniq...Learn more »