Dee Song Project
DeeSong was part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative. In April and May 2007 schools along the River Dee took part in a series of songwriting workshops inspired by local water and the natural environment.
It is the only songwriting project of it's kind in Scotland, offering young people in rural and urban areas the opportunity to learn songwriting skills and to express their relationship with their environment through song.
At the end of the project participating schools performed in a showcase concert and a CD made of their newly written songs.
DeeSong is part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative.
DeeSong was part funded by SNH.
This month we hear about how the organisations within the Partnership are working to protect an important local species, in 2019, the International Year of the Salmon. ...Learn more »
- 25 Feb 2019 Fishing season opens in 'International year of the Salmon'.
- 07 Jan 2019 Our hard working woodlands!
- 19 Nov 2018 BioBlitz event reveals thriving biodiversity at Countesswells
- 29 Oct 2018 Reflections from the edge of the National Park
- 16 Aug 2018 Blue-green spaces to help reduce flooding in Aberdeen
- 19 Jul 2018 Banks of the Dee hold hidden treasures
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 14 Jun 2018 River Dee highlighted in local wildlife film
- 01 Jun 2018 Newsletter - Catch Up