Dee Song Project
DeeSong was part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative. In April and May 2007 schools along the River Dee took part in a series of songwriting workshops inspired by local water and the natural environment.
It is the only songwriting project of it's kind in Scotland, offering young people in rural and urban areas the opportunity to learn songwriting skills and to express their relationship with their environment through song.
At the end of the project participating schools performed in a showcase concert and a CD made of their newly written songs.
DeeSong is part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative.
DeeSong was part funded by SNH.
In the fifth of our monthly articles from the Dee Catchment Partnership, we hear about the Partnership Chair’s three-week adventure undertaking a fundraising walk a...Learn more »
In the fourth of our monthly articles from the Dee Catchment Partnership, we hear about how they have been working with Aberdeen City Council as part of an international ...Learn more »
- 29 Oct 2018 Reflections from the edge of the National Park - Piper Article 5, 2018
- 16 Aug 2018 Blue-green spaces to help reduce flooding in Aberdeen - Piper Article 4, 2018
- 19 Jul 2018 Banks of the Dee hold hidden treasures - Piper Article 3, 2018
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 14 Jun 2018 River Dee highlighted in local wildlife film - Piper Article 2, 2018
- 01 Jun 2018 Newsletter - Catch Up
- 17 May 2018 Continuing the fight against invasive plants on Deeside - Piper Article 1, 2018
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 19 Apr 2018 Introducing the Dee Catchment Partnership - Intro Article, 2018