Dee Song Project
DeeSong was part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative. In April and May 2007 schools along the River Dee took part in a series of songwriting workshops inspired by local water and the natural environment.
It is the only songwriting project of it's kind in Scotland, offering young people in rural and urban areas the opportunity to learn songwriting skills and to express their relationship with their environment through song.
At the end of the project participating schools performed in a showcase concert and a CD made of their newly written songs.
DeeSong is part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative.
DeeSong was part funded by SNH.
We enjoyed attending the Royal Highland Show this year, hosted by the James Hutton Institute. Our flooding models attracted alot of attention from politicians, agencies a...Learn more »
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 29 Mar 2018 INNS Forum launched
- 09 Mar 2018 Aberdeen and the Dee to benefit from more trees
- 07 Feb 2018 Promoting Rain Gardens for Schools at SNIFFER Conference
- 18 Jan 2018 Maidencraig Information Session
- 20 Oct 2017 BEGIN Project - Partners Meeting
- 09 Oct 2017 Controlling Invasive Non-Native Plants - Leaflet Launched.
- 12 Sep 2017 Work to tackle pink salmon in the Dee