Flooding showcase at Fernielea primary school
We were delighted to be invited along to Fernilea Primary school in Aberdeen on the 17th of March to watch their 'Flooding Showcase' event. The Primary 5 -7 pupils spent a week learning about flooding via the free STEM Resource Kit, provided by the Scottish Council for Development and Industry. The week ended with a series of demonstrations and diplays, where all of the pupils shared what they had learnt with the other classes. It was a huge success, great fun and it definately raised awareness of flooding to the next generation of budding engineers.
A big thank you you to Lisa Walker (Head Teacher) and Kate Gardiner (Principal teacher) for the invite!
Dee Catchment Partnership
Project Status: Current
Raising awareness of key issues affecting the catchment is central to our work. Our activities range from talks and discussions to local groups to working with schools on Dee-related education programmes.
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show
- 19 Jun 2018 Flooding models are a big hit
- 30 Apr 2018 Give and Gain Week
- 29 Mar 2018 INNS Forum launched
- 09 Mar 2018 Aberdeen and the Dee to benefit from more trees
- 07 Feb 2018 Promoting Rain Gardens for Schools at SNIFFER Conference
- 18 Jan 2018 Maidencraig Information Session
- 20 Oct 2017 BEGIN Project - Partners Meeting
- 09 Oct 2017 Controlling Invasive Non-Native Plants - Leaflet Launched.
- 12 Sep 2017 Work to tackle pink salmon in the Dee