Cass Life Project
The "Salmon in the Classroom" (SITC) project has successfully run in Scotland since 1991 when the Galloway Fisheries Trust, Scottish Natural Heritage and the Dumfries and Galloway Education Department started a pilot project in Dumfries and Galloway. The project continues to be very popular. In recent years, individual Fisheries Trusts, River Trusts and District Salmon Fishery Boards have run similar projects around Scotland. The latest initiative that has expanded the geographical coverage of the project is the EU LIFE 'Conservation of Atlantic Salmon in Scotland' (CASS) project which is providing funding towards running SITC in areas where the CASS project is being undertaken. Click here for information on the CASS project.
This month we hear about an unusual trial to boost nutrient levels in one of the Dee’s upland tributaries. An unconventional experiment that aims to provide ...Learn more »
- 17 Jun 2019 Waste Not Want Not: Deer Legs in the Muick
- 23 May 2019 Scouts get spraying to stop pollution
- 22 Apr 2019 A helping hand for the River Gairn
- 25 Feb 2019 Fishing season opens in 'International year of the Salmon'.
- 07 Jan 2019 Our hard working woodlands!
- 19 Nov 2018 BioBlitz event reveals thriving biodiversity at Countesswells
- 29 Oct 2018 Reflections from the edge of the National Park
- 16 Aug 2018 Blue-green spaces to help reduce flooding in Aberdeen
- 19 Jul 2018 Banks of the Dee hold hidden treasures
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show