Dee Song Project
DeeSong was part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative. In April and May 2007 schools along the River Dee took part in a series of songwriting workshops inspired by local water and the natural environment.
It is the only songwriting project of it's kind in Scotland, offering young people in rural and urban areas the opportunity to learn songwriting skills and to express their relationship with their environment through song.
At the end of the project participating schools performed in a showcase concert and a CD made of their newly written songs.
DeeSong is part of a national education project managed by Burnsong, Scotland's National Songwriting Initiative.
DeeSong was part funded by SNH.
This month we hear about an unusual trial to boost nutrient levels in one of the Dee’s upland tributaries. An unconventional experiment that aims to provide ...Learn more »
- 17 Jun 2019 Waste Not Want Not: Deer Legs in the Muick
- 23 May 2019 Scouts get spraying to stop pollution
- 22 Apr 2019 A helping hand for the River Gairn
- 25 Feb 2019 Fishing season opens in 'International year of the Salmon'.
- 07 Jan 2019 Our hard working woodlands!
- 19 Nov 2018 BioBlitz event reveals thriving biodiversity at Countesswells
- 29 Oct 2018 Reflections from the edge of the National Park
- 16 Aug 2018 Blue-green spaces to help reduce flooding in Aberdeen
- 19 Jul 2018 Banks of the Dee hold hidden treasures
- 25 Jun 2018 Royal Highland Show